Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hwarang of Dashn

Those of you who began playing Go on KGS, and enjoyed the relaxing, teaching atmosphere, were most likely shocked during their first game on Dashn. These players take aggressive to the extreme. It is 'all-out attack'. Brazilian soccer players play less aggressive than these Hwarang of Korean Computer Go.
Aggressive moves in warefare typically leave large openings, and as my skill increases, I hope to use Dashn as a testing ground in thwarting the onslaught. Teamed with knowledge and a lifelong passion for Sun-Tzu, I hope to change from "The attack are coming!!!" to "Let them come."
In the meantime, here is my very horrible drawing of a Hwarang of Dashn:
P.S. Anyone who has seen the nicely done CG on Chiyodad's blog should avert their eyes to the following. (i missed art class for music class)

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger ChiyoDad said...

Thanks for the compliment but your sketch is rather good. It immediately reminded me of Gerald Scarfe's work.

My sketches are really CGE (computer graphics enhanced). I still draw them by hand, but I color them and sometimes add text with the computer.

Real CG art sometimes needs a digitizer table. Drawing with the mouse is like drawing with a bar of soap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home